Emergency First Aid at Work
1 day QNUK accredited – Level 2 qualification
UK regulations stipulate that a first aider must always available to deal with any first aid related emergency at work. As an employer, the obligation to make sure this happens is down to you.
Square Lemon’s basic but comprehensive one day course in Emergency First Aid at Work will equip the leaner with the vital skills that he or she needs literally to save lives should the need arise.
This course is interactive and challenging . It will deliver facts, problems and hands-on solutions but be warned – this is no “civilised” classroom lecture. Your staff will learn whilst to deal with situations that are as real life as we can make them!
This course is accredited by the QNUK and fulfils the new 2009 guidelines for first aid training set by the HSE. This course is robustly assessed, with both written and practical appraisals as the day progresses.
Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2 covers such essential aspects as the responsibilities of a first aider, risk assessments, resuscitation, heart attacks, choking, burns, shock and ALL the essential elements of first aid.
Who Will Benefit from the Course?
This course is ideal for anyone who plans to administer first aid at work. It is suitable for both the private and public sectorsLearning objectives
- Understand the basic roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- Managing both responsive and non responsive casualties for a series of conditions
- Identify first aid equipment and how to use it
- Identify major illnesses such as heart attack, stroke, asthma and diabetes and how to manage the patient until the arrival of the emergency services
What prior training or qualifications are needed?
Would you like more information?