This three-day course is the most comprehensive of the accredited learning programmes that we offer.
This course also includes an introduction to the HACCP principles (including the Food Standards Agency – Safer Food Better Business safety management pack) and supports those who need to monitor procedures and systems based on these principles.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course benefits those in a managerial, supervisory or head chef roles within the following environments:
- Small, medium sized or large organisations
What prior training or qualifications are needed?
A recommended understanding of Food Safety Level 2 would be an advantage although not essential.
- Understand thoroughly food safety procedures
- Implement and manage a food safety management system
- Grasp the nature of food safety hazards and their associated risks
- Understand food safety terminology
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Demonstrate understanding of the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role of temperature in the implementation of food safety
- Appreciate and understand the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food preparation
- Level 3 Food Safety training should be refreshed every three years.